Naturopath, Nutritionist & Medical Herbalist
- Bachelor of Naturopathy
- Yoga Teacher – Level 1, 350 Hours
- Accredited Member of National Herbalists Association of Australia (NHAA)
Specialties include but not limited to: Thyroid Disorders, Hormonal imbalances, Menopause, Digestion, Detoxification, Weight Loss, Sleep Disorders, Nutrition and Diet/Lifestyle, Immune Health, Genetic Mutations, Pain Management and Musculoskeletal Complaints, Mental Health, Diabetic Management, Men’s Health and Children’s Health, Support of pre-existing conditions and Diagnostics
Jen’s interest in Natural Medicine began with collecting essential oils and adopting healthy eating in her teens. She began to manage her own health using natural medicine and consequently decided to choose Naturopathy as her career. She has been mentored by some of the best practitioners in the country during her university years and beyond.
Jen considers herself to be an Integrative Naturopath, understanding the need in some cases for co-management and combining a scientific, evidence based understanding of health with a natural approach.
For the past 3 years in a very busy clinical practice she specialised in thyroid conditions, seeing thousands of patients and has a solid grounding in treating hormone related conditions and is familiar with a range of subsequent health concerns.
Jen is also a qualified Yoga Teacher completing 350 hours in her Level 1 Training. She plans to upgrade her skills to fully qualify as an accredited pre-natal and post-natal teacher later in 2016 and teaches a range of styles including General Hatha, Yin, Meditation and Relaxation. She encourages her patients to achieve an ideal work/life balance, incorporate stress reduction and relaxation techniques. She also has a keen interest in Ayurvedic Medicine and has a preference for Ayurvedic herbal remedies.
Jen uses naturopathy to treat the following:
- Thyroid Disorders: Hypothyroidism, Hyperthyroidism, Hashimotos Thyroiditis, Graves Disease and associated Adrenal Fatigue
- Hormonal imbalances: PCOS, Endometriosis, PMDD (Pre-Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder) / PMS, Low libido, Fertility, Fibrocystic Breast Disease, Fibroids
- Menopause: Peri-menopausal complaints, Post-menopausal support
- Digestion: SIBO, IBS, Diverticuliltis, Leaky gut, IBD, Coeliac, Fatty Liver, Gallstones and Gall Bladder removal, Reflux, Food Allergies and Intolerances
- Detoxification: Assessing toxicity levels, including Heavy Metal Assessment, Smoking cessation, Detox programs
- Weight Loss: Formulating a targeted treatment plan, setting realistic goals and practical applications
- Sleep Disorders: Sleep onset and maintenance complaints, improving sleep quality by identifying obstacles to good sleep
- Nutrition and Diet/ Lifestyle: Implementing sustainable change, professional advice, tailored plans
- Immune: Respiratory complaints including Asthma and COPD, Allergies and Food Intolerances, Cold and Flu, Autoimmune conditions
- Genetic Mutations: MTHFR, Pyrroluria, Gilberts Syndrome
- Pain Management: Fibromyalgia, Causes of Migraines, Range of Musculoskeletal Complaints
- Mental Health: Depression and anxiety, Alzhemiers prevention
- Diabetic Management: Sugar cravings, co-management, preventing associated complications
Jen also uses a wide range of different diagnostic tools to identify and treat presenting problems. Any herbal or natural remedies prescribed are in addition to the consultation fee.