My private practice is based in Brisbane’s western suburbs and provides counselling and psychotherapy services to children aged two through to adults covering a broad range of issues. Age appropriate and child-centred counselling techniques are used to support children and young people dealing with emotional issues. Counselling can assist in building self-esteem and help children and young people to have positive relationships with their peers, families, school and community.
Interventions that are used include Expressive therapies, Sandplay and Play therapy as research has shown that these therapeutic modalities are most appropriate for children and young people aged four to adolescents.
With adult clients I aim to give individuals and couples the space and opportunity to explore the underlying causes of personal issues. Counselling techniques including Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Interpersonal Psychotherapy, Solution Focused Brief Therapy, Expressive Therapy and Mediation.
I provide a confidential, safe environment to explore your thoughts and feelings and I am at all times professional and non-judgemental.
I have worked in the child protection field, as a child consultant in a family relationship centre as well as working with children and families in a child and youth mental health service.
I Provide Services Under:
- General mental health services under Better Access Mental Health Care Plans for adults and children
- General mental health services under Brisbane MIND (ATAPS) for children aged 12+ and adult patients who are eligible for this service
- Suicide Prevention and Self Harm Initiative (for both adults and children) under Brisbane MIND (ATAPS)
- Child assessment and treatment for common childhood issues 0 – 18 years
- Assessment and therapeutic intervention for families
- Mental health services, advocacy and case management for families of children with special needs
- Member of the Australian Association of Social Workers
- Accredited Mental Health Social Worker
- Mediator trained through the Attorney Generals Department